Find PRPS on Facebook
Professional Development


Continuing Education


Continuing Education Units & Contact Hours

PRPS administers continuing education units and contact hours authorized by the National Recreation and Park Association.  These continuing education units are applicable for CPRP, CPRE, and AFO certifications administered by NRPA in addition to the CTRS certification administered by NCTRC.  Please see below for the appropriate application form.

Continuing Education Credit Applications

Non-PRPS organization

PRPS/ PTRS event

Individual requests

Professional Service Experience Points

Professional Service Experience Points (PSE) can be earned through service in the parks and recreation field or literary/ training material contributions.  These points can be used to offset CEU credits for certifications, see the NRPA professional service experience program form for equivalencies.