Sports & Games Coordinator - Radnor Day Camp (posted June 4, 2013)
Radnor Township Recreation & Community Programming Department
The Radnor Township Recreation Department has an opening for a Day Camp Sports & Games Coordinator. Join our esteemed staff in this winning summer camp environment and make a difference in a child’s life! Position is available for a day camp program with 230+ enrollment ages 5-15 years. Responsibilities include the creating and planning of various sports and interactive activities as they fit within the day camp program. We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic, self-starter who enjoys working with children & developing an enjoyable camp atmosphere. Individual is needed to orchestrate age-appropriate, daily activities for campers. Individual must work in conjunction with other staff members. Summer positions are for six-week periods plus 2 days of training. CPR/First Aid/AED certifications required. Excellent pay & great experience working with children! Applications are now being accepted and interviews will be conducted immediately, but act fast, your summer position may be filled by another candidate!
Please contact Tiffany Hileman, Program Coordinator (email@example.com), 301 Iven Avenue, Wayne, PA 19087 for an application or call 610-688-5600, extension 149. You can also visit http://www.radnor.com/egov/apps/services/index.egov?path=details&action=i&id=18 for Department information and a job application
Lower Paxton Township Parks & Recreation (posted May 29, 2013)
Salary: $31,000-$34,000 D.O.Q.
Lower Paxton Township (population 47,360) is seeking an experienced individual to join the management team of a community center in an active and growing municipality. Responsibilities include: customer service, activity coordination; employee supervision; facility management; rentals; budget; maintaining records; inventory. The applicant should have a bachelor’s degree in recreation or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in recreation, parks, facility management or supervision is required. Applications are available at the Friendship Center, 5000 Commons Drive or downloaded from www.lowerpaxton-pa.gov
BENEFITS: Full benefits package
CLOSING DATE: June 3, 2013 at 4:00 PM
Send resume and completed application to:
Human Resource Manager,
Lower Paxton Township
425 Prince Street, Harrisburg, PA 17109.
Lower Paxton Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Recreation Therapist - MossRehab Stroke Unit (posted May 10, 2013)
Einstein Medical Center, Elkins Park
Job ID #: 5928 Entity: MossRehab
Weekends Required? No Biweekly Hours: 64
Rotation Required? No Experience Required: 1 - 3 Years
On-Call Required? No Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Minimum Rate of Pay: 18.65 Midpoint Rate of Pay: 23.52
MossRehab's facility located in Elkins Park has a Full Time position available for a Recreational Therapist.
Since 1959, MossRehab has provided our patients with a breath of expertise unrivaled in the region. Superior clinical expertise, nationally recognized rehabilitation specialists, unsurpassed diagnostic capabilities, a passion for advocacy, a patient-centered team philosophy and a quest for continuous improvement-these are the qualities that have earned MossRehab its outstanding reputation at the local, regional and national levels and enable to us to attract and retain highly motivated, gifted rehabilitation professionals. In fact, U.S. News & World Reports has consistently ranked us among the nations best rehabilitation facilities. And we were recently named one of the top places to work by the Philadelphia Inquirer!
In this position you will:
• The Therapeutic Recreation Specialist provides leisure lifestyle and educational services to patients with cognitive, physical, social, emotional, and visual/perceptual deficits to improve skills
• Teach adaptive skills and assist in restoring function
• Require providing service to adult, older adult and frail elderly age populations in a manner that demonstrates an understanding of the functional/developmental age of the individual served
If you possess the following qualifications, please apply immediately:
• Bachelors Degree in Therapeutic Recreation or Bachelors Degree in related field with college coursework and internship experience to fulfill minimum eligibility requirements to take the NCTRC National Board Exam
• National Board Certification as a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) strongly preferred
Einstein Healthcare Network is proud to offer our employees unparalleled career opportunities including competitive compensation, attractive benefits plan including medical/dental/vision coverage, generous vacation time, tuition reimbursement and low-cost employee parking. EOE
Summer Kids Kamp Camp Director (posted May 10, 2013)
Northern Columbia Community and Cultural Center - Benton, PA
The Northern Columbia Community and Cultural Center (N4Cs) in Benton, PA is hiring for its 2013 Summer Kids Kamp. N4Cs is looking for a motivated and organized individual to lead the 2013 program as the Camp Director. The N4Cs Summer Kids Kamp is a 10 week program beginning June 10 for children ages 5 to 12. The camp serves the Benton Area School District and any additional children from the surrounding area.
Salary begins at $10 per hour and is dependent upon qualifications. Position would be considered for college internship upon approval by college. For more information visit www.n4cs.com and go to the “Get Involved” tab. Cover Letters and Resumes are due by
May 17, 2013.
Please submit Cover Letter and Resume to Aaron Siko at:
Attn: Kids Kamp Director OR firstname.lastname@example.org
P.O. Box 305
Benton, PA 17814
Activity Director (posted May 7, 2013)
Spring Gulch Resort Campground, New Holland, PA
Have fund and get paid for it! Family Fun Resort seeks energetic and friendly leader to facilitate activities for all ages from young to young at heart including children, teen-agers, parents, and grand-parents!
-Plan, Organize, Implement, Instruct, and Guide recreational activities according to weekly themed events including arts & crafts, active games, sports, and athletic games.
-Organize and clean activity area and supplies
-Keep safety a priority.
-Acceptable Criminal Background Check
-Valid Driver's License
-Must allow for flexible schedule to include days, evenings, and weekends.
PREFERRED SKILLS & BACKGROUND:
-Enthusiasm & Motivation
-Experience working with people, especially children
-Public speaking in front of groups
WEEKLY HOURS & DURATION:
Seasonal April to October
Spring & Fall Weekends, including Friday Evening to Sunday Early Afternoon
Summer: Activities are 7 days a week from Father's Day Weekend to Labor Day Weekend.
475 LYNCH ROAD
NEW HOLLAND PA 17557
Director of Parks and Recreation (posted April 9, 2013)
Ross Township is accepting applications for the position of Director of Parks and Recreation.
This position is a managerial and supervisory position responsible for the planning, supervising,
and coordinating of all Parks and Recreation functions, facilities, and programs. Ross Township
has 22 parks and over 200 acres of park and green space. The Parks & Recreation Director works
extensively with volunteers and encourages their use in the delivery of programming. The Director cooperates with the Public Works Director to direct Parks & Recreation maintenance
activities including the individuals assigned for park maintenance. The Director will also work
with the various youth sports associations within Ross Township. The Director is also
responsible for long-range planning including the development and execution of the
Comprehensive Park, Recreation and Open Space Plan. This individual is responsible for
pursuing external funds for operations, for developing and administering the department’s
budgets, and for planning and implementing community programming. Must have a Bachelor’s
degree in Parks & Recreation Administration or a related field required. Being a Certified Parks & Recreation Professional is preferred, but not required. Starting salary commensurate with
experience. Successful applicant must pass a background investigation. Complete job
description is available on the Ross Township website (www.ross.pa.us). Please submit resume
along with salary history by March 28, 2013 to Douglas Sample, Manager, Ross Township
Municipal Building, 1000 Ross Municipal Drive, Pittsburgh, PA 15237-2725. Ross Township is
an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Parks & Recreation Director (posted April 9, 2013)
Titusville Leisure Services Commission
Titusville Leisure Services Commission will accept applications for the following position:
PARKS AND RECREATION DIRECTOR
Summary: Plan, promote, oversee and evaluate a safe, educational, social, cognitive Comprehensive Recreation, Parks and Open Space Plan and Programs for Regional Titusville Community, City of Titusville and surrounding communities (TASD boundaries).
REQUIREMENTS: Current Act 34, Act 114 & Act 151 Clearances; Physical & TB Test; and Compliance with Act 26 (Mandated Reporter Child Abuse Training)
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Prepare and implement short and long range plans to ensure the Commissions long term sustainability.
2. Manage all city recreational facilities and park properties for the city.
3. Manage all aspects of recreational programming for the Commission; recruit, hire, train, oversee and evaluate all recreation staff.
4. Plan for, promote and procure monies for all recreational programs, perform revenue/expense analysis and cost accounting for programs and services and generate two yearly budgets based on analytical data.
5. Prepare all marketing materials for flyers, program guides and news releases.
6. Provide policy recommendations to the Leisure Services Commission Board.
7. Serve as liaison to the community, Board, school, city and county; and oversee the umbrella groups.
8. Maintain and update operations manuals.
9. Serve as committee representative for school and city as needed.
10. Collaborate with recreational users in order to provide everyone a maximum amount of opportunity.
11. Set Board agenda with Board President.
12. Facilitate Board meetings in collaboration with the Board President.
13. Submit annual report of activities to the city and District within 45 days of the end of each calendar year.
14. Perform other duties as assigned by the Leisure Services Commission Board.
Please send Letter of Interest and Resume to:
Titusville Leisure Services Commission office, 714 East Main Street, Titusville, PA 16354
Deadline for Letter of Interest and Resume will be April 19, 2013. For more information call the Titusville Leisure Services Commission office at 814-827-3741.
Associate Program Director - Aquatics/Youth Sports (posted April 9, 2013)
Latrobe-Unity Parks & Recreation
Latrobe, Unity, Youngstown Parks & Recreation Commission is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Associate Program Director, who, reports to the Director and works in cooperation with other administrative staff. Duties involve planning, implementation, and supervision of year-round community recreation and leisure programs. Position also involves overseeing the operation of the community swimming pool, and coordinating adult/youth sports leagues, with particular emphasis on Basketball, Softball / Baseball, and Dek Hockey.
The department operates the following areas and facilities: 5 Softball/baseball fields; volleyball complex; 3 mile exercise path; 12 playgrounds; nature trail; 4 regulation soccer fields; 10 basketball courts; tennis center; dek hockey arena;
8 pavilions; bandshell; 53 park acres; and swimming pool. Totaling 200 acres, 125 are highly maintained while 75 acres are kept in their natural state.
Each year approximately 140 programs are offered – year round.
Bachelor’s degree in Parks & Recreation from an accredited college/university. Two years of full time previous experience required. Strong leadership, programming skills, and sports league background essential. Certification in Pool Management/CPO and Pesticide Applicator License. Clearances and Valid PA Driver’s License.
Salary DOQ - . Attractive Benefits Package.
Send letter of application, current resume, transcripts, and references to:
LATROBE-UNITY PARKS & R E C R E A T I O N
– Search Committee. PO Box 307 Latrobe, PA 15650
Naturalist - Part-Time (posted March 26, 2013)
Manheim Township, Lancaster, PA
Manheim Twp seeking applicants to design and implement environmental education programs and camps. Year-round part time position. Evening and weekend work required. BA or BS in related field preferred.
Send cover letter & resume to: Harry Norton, 1241 Lititz Pike, Lancaster, PA 17601. EOE.
Program Coordinator (posted March 26, 2013)
Ephrata Recreation Center, Ephrata, PA
NATURE OF WORK
The Program Coordinator is responsible for planning and implementing recreation programs within the Recreation Center and other auxiliary operations.
Work is performed under the direction of the Executive Director.
Supervision is exercised over Program Personnel.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
• Plan, coordinate, and supervise a variety of recreational, instructional and athletic programs for all ages.
• Promote Recreation Center facilities/programs by assisting in the preparation of brochures, press releases and public speaking.
• Design and edit quarterly program booklet.
• Recruit, train and direct volunteer staff.
• Conduct periodic evaluations of recreation programs and program staff.
• Identify needs and trends and develop new programs to meet those needs.
• Prepare and maintain reports, records, and files.
• Assist with preparation of the annual programs budget with the Executive Director.
• Administer the budget after its adoption by the Board of Directors.
• Participate in the development of policies for operation of the Building.
• Establish and maintain close working relationships with the Ephrata Area School District and outside organizations providing recreation services.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a degree in recreation, physical education, sports management or related field desirable.
• Minimum of 4 years experience in related field.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
• Must possess and maintain a valid Pennsylvania driver's license.
• Must possess and maintain certification in CPR.
• Must provide criminal and child molestation background check.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands to finger, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
The employee must frequently lift and! or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and! or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Salary Range $34,175 to $37,890
Send letter of application and resume to James D. Summers, Executive Director, Ephrata Recreation Center, 130 S. Academy Dr., Ephrata, PA, 17522 or email to email@example.com
South Mountain YMCA - (posted March 5, 2013)
Summer Staff Positions, Camp Conrad Weiser/Bynden Wood Day Camp
Come be part of the mountain! The South Mountain YMCA is home to over 600 acres of peak wooded property. Summer staff work as part of a team of enthusiastic, energetic leaders who teach lessons and lead recreational activities such as: Wildlife, Archery, Survival Scenario, Native American Studies, Teambuilding Challenges, High Ropes, sailing, canoeing, kayaking & Campfire Skits/Songs. Candidates must LOVE to work outside, have a sense of humor, enjoy working with children and know how to PLAY and have fun!
We are looking for individuals who have a true passion for and sincere love of the outdoors and Kids.
- Cheerful disposition
- Experience working with children
- Public speaking skills and confidence in front of groups
- Comfortable in rustic, outdoor setting in all weather conditions
- Creativity, a STRONG work ethic and initiative a must!
- Available for June 1st until August 17th
-Onsite housing provided
-Meals in Dining Hall
-Training if required in Archery Instructor, Lifeguard & First Aid, CPR training, Climbing tower and high ropes. Starts May 27th.
To apply: send resume & cover letter to
Jeff Henry, Camp Conrad Weiser Director.
PO Box 147
Wernersville, PA 19565
Summer Job Opportunities (posted March 5, 2013)
Upper Merion Park & Recreation, King of Prussia, PA
Upper Merion Park and Recreation is looking for Assistant Directors, Counselors and Volunteers for Adventure Day Camp I & II and Camp Beechtree. We are looking for candidates who are friendly, outgoing, responsible, creative, like working with children ages 3-13 and are able to commit to the following camp time requirements.
• Adventure Day Camp – June 24 - August 2, 8-6pm, Ages 5-13
• Adventure Day Camp II – August 5 - August 23, 8-6pm, Ages 5-13
• Camp Beechtree – June 24 – August 2, 9-1pm, Ages 3-6
Assistant Director – Under the direction of the Camp Director, the assistant director is responsible for overseeing camp operations, planning, supervising counselors and volunteers onsite and at offsite trips. Should have supervisory skills, experience working with children, and possess or currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree related to recreation or education. Should be able to work during camp hours of 8-6pm.
Counselor – Under the direction of the Director and Assistant Director counselors are responsible for overseeing campers, implementing and participating in sports activities, arts & crafts, games. Responsibilities also include supervision of campers on trips and assisting in the planning of camp activities. Must be at least 16 years of age.
Please visit www.umtownship.org or call 610-265-1071 to apply. Application deadline is April 15. Please submit all applications to Sudha Suryadevara, Upper Merion Park and Recreation, 175 West Valley Forge Road, King of Prussia, PA 19406. For the application click here.
Assistant Pool Manager - Summer (posted March 5, 2013)
Hampden Township Pool, Mechanicsburg, PA
Supervisor: Program Specialist/Pool Manager
Hours of Work:
The swimming pool is open to the public seven days per week from 11am to 8pm beginning Memorial Day and closing Labor Day. A varied work schedule is necessary to include evenings, weekends, and holidays. At least one manager will be on duty during all public use time and the qualified candidate will work at least 40 hours per week.
The Assistant Pool Manager shall assist in the responsibility for managing the operation of the swimming pool and staff and will assume the duties of the Pool Manager in his/her absence.
• Must be at least 18 years of age.
• Must be a high school graduate.
• Must be willing to work a diverse schedule including mornings, mid-day, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Ability to communicate effectively with patrons, supervisors, and other employees.
• Ability to remain alert, attentive, and responsible.
• Ability to be a team player.
• To assist with supervision of all pool personnel.
• To assist with the supervision of the collection of all fees and preparation of daily records and reports according to department policies.
• Assist in completion and submission of all pertinent records and daily reports with respect to admissions, revenues, water condition, accidents, and first-aid rendered.
• Assist with maintenance and operation of the facilities according to policy and procedure.
• Ability to perform all duties of the Pool Manager in his/her absence.
• Assist with organization of swimming instruction.
• Demonstration of respect for authority be enforcing and adhering to all policies and procedures.
• Serve as lifeguard or first aid giver, when necessary.
• Perform other related duties as requested.
Rate of pay:
• Starting wage is $10.70 per hour.
For more information, please contact the recreation office at (717) 761-4951 and ask to speak with Jeremy Mortorff, Pool Manager.
Resume can be forwarded to:
Jeremy Mortorff, Pool Manager
230 S. Sporting Hill Rd.
Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
Fax to (717) 214-1157 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Seasonal Employment Opportunities (posted March 5, 2013)
Centre Region Parks & Recreation, State College, PA
Centre Region Parks & Recreation in State College, PA is currently hiring for Spring and Summer seasonal positions. Get paid to PLAY! We are looking for hard working, enthusiastic & dependable people to fill a wide variety of positions from April – August. Please check out the employment listing by clicking here. CRPR…Your Recreation Destination for Spring and Summer Jobs!
Pool Manager (posted February 22, 2013)
Menlo Aquatics Center, Perkasie Borough, PA
The position entails some responsibility in hiring aquatic and snack bar staff. The pool manager also supervises, evaluates and is responsible for all seasonal employees and volunteers in regards to scheduling, managing them effectively and ensuring safety at all times. The position requires weekend and evening hours.
Work is generally supervised by the Park and Recreation Director.
Direct supervision exercised over seasonal pool staff.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES (Illustrative Only)
- Manages all operations of Menlo Park Pool and Second Street baby pool.
- Supervises and schedules employees and volunteers.
- Holds daily meetings with lifeguards and assistant pool managers and weekly meetings with full staff during the season when pools are open, to insure that programs are being conducted in a safe manner and that all personnel are comfortable with their assigned responsibilities.
- Maintains water quality and safety in coordination with public works employees.
- Maintains grounds, pool equipment, bathhouse and snackbar.
- Operates snack bar.
- Provides a daily or nightly self audit of all memberships logged in via computer and hard copy to ensure correct categories and finances are being allocated accurately and efficiently (i.e. must delegate this responsibility to Asst. Manager on pool manager’s scheduled day off)
- Maintains the overall appearance of the snack bar and bathhouse floors to ensure a clean and organized environment.
- Maintains and enforces all labor laws as they apply to the Menlo Aquatic Center staff.
- Maintain accurate financial records at all times and submit necessary reports as needed or per request.
- Oversees the snack bar manager and works with snack bar manager to ensure all operations are in accordance with health safety, budget and management guidelines on a daily basis.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to effectively supervise seasonal employees.
- Ability to manage a profitable snack bar operation in a safe, clean, and sanitary environment.
- Ability to generate, organize, and supervise successful recreation programs.
- Ability to cooperate with public and private groups and agencies and the general public.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with program sponsors, co-workers, activity participants, and promoters of programs.
- Ability to deal firmly and tactfully with the public.
- Ability to work independently within the established policies and procedures of the department.
- Required knowledge of and practice of all labor law’s as they pertain to the Menlo Aquatic Center staff.
- Ability to attain, apply and educate staff on a full working knowledge of all computer operating systems for the Menlo Aquatic Center (i.e. membership registration, daily sales, snack bar inventories, snack bar sales, snack bar waste reports).
- Ability to sit for up to 4-8 hours per work day.
- Ability to use both the right and left hand for repetitive actions including typing and writing.
- JOB LOCATION (Places where work is performed)
- Menlo Aquatic Center
- EQUIPMENT (Examples of machines, devices, tools, etc., used in job performance):
- Borough or personal vehicle, computer, two-way radio, cellular phone, standard office equipment.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma, Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Two years experience as lifeguard or assistant pool manager
- Lifeguarding and Water Safety Instruction Certifications or ability to obtain before start of season
- Pennsylvania Certified Pesticide Application License (category 24) or ability to obtain before start of season
- Certified Food Safety Manager or ability to obtain before start of season.
- Certified Pool Operator Certification or ability to obtain before start of season
Experience in Pool Chemical Feeder/Operating systems required.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: Open until filled
For more information or to apply, please submit applications and/or resume to:
Joshua J. Aniskevich
Director of Parks and Recreation
620 West Chestnut Street
PO BOX 96
Perkasie Pa. 18944 -0096
Office (215) 257-5065 ext. 115
Fax (215) 257-7673 fax
Lifeguard (posted February 5, 2013)
Lower Paxton Township, Harrisburg, PA
The Friendship Center located at 5000 Commons Drive Harrisburg, PA currently has vacancies for part-time positions as a lifeguard.
Minimum requirements - must have current certification in American Red Cross Lifeguarding and First Aid or the equivalent and Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer.
Shifts available from 6:00 AM to 4:00 PM Monday through Friday.
Interested candidates may pick up an application at the Friendship Center or may download an application at www.lowerpaxton-pa.gov (resource page- employment opportunities) and return the completed application to the Friendship Center, Attention Nick Gehret.
Any questions, feel free to contact Mr. Gehret at (717) 657-5635
Lower Paxton Township is an equal opportunity employer
RV/Resort Manager (posted January 10, 2013, re-posted January 22, 2013)
PA Dutch Country property with Equity LifeStyle Properties in Manheim, PA
Come join a fast paced growing company, a leader in the real estate industry. Equity LifeStyle Properties (NYSE: ELS) owns and operates the highest quality portfolio of site-set home communities in the country. Equity LifeStyle owns or has a controlling interest in over 300 quality communities in 30 states and British Columbia, offering more than 110,000 individual homes sites in major metropolitan areas and key retirement destinations nationwide. ELS is a self-administered, self-managed real estate investment trust traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol ELS.
Our goal is to create value for our customers by providing consistently high levels of services and amenities in attractive surroundings. Our high standards have been recognized with several "Community of the Year" awards for the outstanding quality of our communities and the professionalism of our management.
We are currently seeking qualified candidates for an RV Resort Manager in Manheim, PA. In the heart of Lancaster County, this great location offers access to the sights and sounds of Amish Country. Sightseeing in rural Pennsylvania will give you the opportunity to experience the lifestyle of these traditional people whose transportation is the horse and buggy and who live off the land. See the beautiful handcrafts including woodworking, quilts and pottery, and be sure to eat at one of the local restaurants that specialize in hearty home-style cooking. Wooded campsites with convenient three point hook-ups, an outdoor pool complex and a full-service store with snack bar are great additions that make your visit complete.
1) Analyze and prepare annual and long-term budgets, monitor income statements, variance reports, identify market trends, and control costs. 2) Adhere to internal audit processes and procedures. 3) Ensure physical operations are maintained to ELS standards by conducting inspections of grounds, buildings, vacant sites, and obtaining bids and contracts for projects. 4) Maximize the profitability of the resort.
5) Understand and implement requirements from regulatory agencies and service providers.
1) Attract new residents/guests by advertising resort features. 2) Obtain referrals from current residents/guests or national marketing campaigns. 3) Distribute literature; explain advantages of services and locations, answer questions. 4) Conducting market surveys and analyses.
Bachelor's degree and 5 plus years property management experience required. Commensurate experience will be considered.
Must have experience creating and analyzing budgets, P&L's, and financial reports.
Marketing and sales experience required.
Strong management and operational skills, customer service, public relations skills, and the ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally.
Excellent computer literacy in MS Office suite of products.
In return for your excellent skills and abilities, Equity LifeStyle offers a rich benefits package including: competitive salary; bonus program; outstanding medical, dental, and RX coverage, 401K, stock options, employee stock purchase plan, paid holidays and vacations. It is our pleasure to provide the following insurance plans at no cost to you: Life/AD&D, short and long term disability, and business travel/accident. Equally important, we offer career advancement opportunities and the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to Tracey Norton at email@example.com.
Summer Camp Counselor (posted January 18, 2013)
Lewisburg Area Recreation Authority
Position Description - Responsibilities and Duties:
- Supervise, lead and act as positive role model for children ages 5-12
- Instruct and guide campers to successfully participate in designated activities
- Plan and organize daily activities, including rainy day alternatives
- Provide an energetic, fun and safe environment for campers and staff
- Keep camp area organized, clean and presentable
Basic Requirements of Position:
- Desire and ability to work with children outdoors
- Ability to accept supervision and guidance
- Good character, integrity, and adaptability
- Communicate with Head Counselor regularly
- Get to know each camper on a personal and professional level
- Provide a safe environment for campers and staff
- Follow through with all paperwork, including regular correspondence with parents
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
- Act 34 and 151 clearance
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Positive attitude, outlook and a happy reliable person
- Compassion for children and other counselors
- Desire to run and help design high quality camp
- Ability to think creatively with short notice
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control
- Education, recreation or related background of study preferred
Weekly Hours and Duration:
- June -August 2012 (Counselors must be 18 or older by June 4, 2012)
- 20-35 hours per week, Monday – Friday. (Camp hours are 7:30am-6:00pm)
- $7.25 - $9.00 per hour Depending on experience
Interviews will be ongoing January-April. Please submit LARA application (available online, www.golara.org) with cover letter, resume and three references to:
Elizabeth Stuelke - Lewisburg Area Recreation Authority
220 Brookpark Circle, Suite #9, Lewisburg, PA 17837 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 570-524-4774 ex. 5#
Summer Programming Assistant (posted January 4, 2013)
York County Parks
This is a great chance to gain experience working with children in the outdoors and receive practical training in the professional world.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Assist in the planning and overseeing various public programs for all ages.
• Plan and operate specialty weeks including hands-on activities, nature hikes, crafts and projects for ages 3-13.
• Teach and assist in programs and projects at the Richard Nixon County Park Nature Center.
We are looking for individuals who are passionate about outdoor recreation, education, nature and want to share their passion with children. Position is 40 hours per week, Monday through Friday, some weekends and evenings, May 20 – August 16. Must have or be able to obtain First aid, CPR and AED certification. Starting rate is $8.40/hour.
Interviews will be held in March. Applications may be downloaded from the County of York website at www.yorkcountypa.gov. Mail or email completed application along with resume and cover letter to, Nixon County Park, Attn: Amber Carothers, 5922 Nixon Drive, York, PA 17403 or email@example.com. The application deadline is February 22, 2013. For more information call 717-428-1961.
Northeast Family YMCA (posted January 4, 2013)
At the Northeast Family Y we are now accepting applications for summer employment (11 weeks) for camp counselors. We look for personnel with experience in the arts, humanities and sports. For more information, please contact Margie Gill via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 215-632-0100, x1326.
Camp Counselor (posted January 4, 2013)
Moss Rehab's Camp
Looking for summer employment…MossRehab ‘s Camp Independence is searching for college students studying for degrees in areas of Recreation Therapy, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Education, and other Human Service related fields (must be at least 18 years of age) interested in helping others.
In the role of a camp counselor you will gain first-hand knowledge of the ins and outs of providing the daily physical and recreational care of campers with a variety of needs. Camp Independence is located in Worchester, PA.
A resident camping experience that’s hard to match.
Room and board for the week AND a modest salary.
100 Hours of Community Service/Course Related Credit.
June 15, 2013 to June 22, 2013
Email: email@example.com, fax: 215-663-6417, or mail resume and letter of interest to Anne Wieland, CTRS, MHA MossRehab Einstein at Elkins Park, 60 Township Line Road, Philadelphia, PA 19027
Return to top of page