Director of Development & Communications
Briar Bush Nature Center, Abington, PA
(Posted January 26, 2018)
The Township of Abington’s Briar Bush Nature Center is seeking qualified applicants with communications/publicity/ development and fundraising skill and experience.
This position has two primary roles: keeping Briar Bush Nature Center’s activities in the public arena and finding and securing private resources to fund activities and programs. These communications and development functions are inextricably linked and help to support mission driven programs and activities.
Candidates are required to have a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 3 years in communications and development. The ideal candidate will have a passion for the organizational mission; excellent oral, technological, and written communication skills; proficiency in a range of technology to manage communications and fundraising; ability to prioritize and maintain focus in the midst of a multitude of tasks; ability to work independently and in a team.
For a full job description, please go to www.briarbush.org.
Competitive salary, great work environment, and excellent benefits package. Interested qualified applicants may apply by sending a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Deadline for consideration: February 22, 2018
Briar Bush Nature Center
1212 Edge Hill Rd. Abington, PA 19001
Stroud Region Open Space and Recreation Commission has multiple employment opportunities available
(Posted January 26, 2018)
SROSRC seeks a full-time Program Coordinator to plan and lead programs and special events within our parks and facilities. The Coordinator publishes promotional materials, maintains the website and social media. They will recruit and lead volunteers to assist with special events, trail, and park cleanups.
SROSRC is also looking for a part-time Office Assistant to provide general office support, program, and special event assistance in our office, parks, and facilities.
We are now accepting applications for summer season staff including: Pool Managers, Assistant Pool Managers, Lifeguards, Water Safety Instructors, Admissions, Concessions Manager, Concessions staff, Park Patrol Supervisor, Park Patrol, Park Caretaker, Camp Director, Site Directors, Assistant Site Directors, Counselors, and Assistant Counselors. Visit our employment page at www.srosrc.org/employment.php for more information and to download an application.
Lifeguards/Group/Private Swim Lesson Instructors
(Posted January 26, 2018)
The Jewish Community Center of Squirrel Hill is seeking part-time lifeguards/group/private swim lesson Instructors. All applicants are required a minimum of 1-3 years swim instructor experience. Applicants must have up-to-date American Red Cross Lifeguarding, First Aid, & CPR/AED certifications. Water Safety Instructor Certification (WSI) is preferred. A free health membership is offered upon hire.
All candidates must possess or obtain Act 33/34, FBI clearances, and mandated reporter training.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
Jewish Community Center of Greater Pittsburgh
Attn: Human Resources Department
5738 Forbes Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15217
Assistant Director of Public Works
(Posted January 25, 2018)
Horsham Township in Montgomery County, PA, is seeking a qualified professional, with experience, who is dynamic, personable and a visionary leader for the position of Assistant Director of Public Works. This position will have a heavy influence in managing the township’s community center, 826 acres of park land and open space.
The Township is seeking an Assistant Director of Public Works with proven experience in parks or related leadership in sports field management or grounds manager. The successful candidate will possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university or an equivalent field of study and at least 3-5 years of progressively responsible, broad based experience in parks, sports field, or grounds management.
Candidate will need to have a Pennsylvania Pesticide Applicator License or have the ability to obtain a license within a year of employment. Candidate will need to be a Certified Playground Safety Inspector or have the ability to obtain a certification within a year of employment. Candidate will need to possess exceptional organizational and time management skills. Candidate will have experience in personnel management and budgeting. Familiarity with capital planning and facility management would be beneficial.
For additional information about Horsham Township, please visit www.horsham.org
. For the full job description, click here
. If you are interested in applying please send a cover letter and resume to Dennis Haggerty, Director of Public Works by Friday February 16th 2018.
Spring Semester Internship
(posted November 7, 2017)
PRPS Office, State College, PA
The PRPS Internship Program assists students in making an effective transition from the classroom to the professional world. It is designed to give students the opportunity to explore the parks and recreation field and develop their professional interests. The intern serves one academic semester fulfilling the following responsibilities within the PRPS Office.
Responsibilities and Relations
• Complete sufficient education, practical work experience and observation experience to fulfill his or her university’s requirements for internship eligibility
• Work a 40 hour-week with some nights and weekends as needed
• Know and adhere to PRPS’s policies and procedures. Learn the organizational structure of PRPS
• Complete written mid- and post-internship evaluations
• Assist office staff with day to day operations
• Job shadow each full time office position for at least one day
• Complete and report on at least two site visits to different recreation departments and one local or state park facility. Interview at least one staff member at each location on best practices in the field
• Develop one major and one minor project to be completed before the end of the internship
• Academic major in recreation, parks, tourism or related studies
Knowledge and Abilities
• Dedication to advancing recreation and parks
• Excellent customer service skills
• Possess a high degree of personal integrity, honesty, equity, excellence and innovation
• Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups
• Ability to work as part of a team for the betterment of the organization and membership
• Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making sound decisions
• Handle suggestions and complaints in a professional manner
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to participate when required at PRPS events
• Excellent written and communication skills
To apply, contact Niki Tourscher, CPRP, CPSI, Director of Training & Get Outdoors PA.