PRPS Member: $80
Schedule - Wednesday, April 27, 2022
8:45 am - 9:00 am Get online/take initial poll
9:00 am - 11:30 pm Lecture/Instruction
11:30 am - 12:00 pm Lunch
12:00 pm - 3:00 pm Lecture/Instruction/Q & A
The Re-Certification Workshop is for anyone who applies pesticides (chlorine, bactericides, etc.) to any public or commercial swimming pool and is currently certified. This class will focus its attention on the core information, including introductions to pesticides, federal and state laws, pesticide safety, toxicity, health issues, and emergencies, along with pesticide formulations, label content and environmental effects. The content of this class will also discuss information specific to Swimming Pools, Category 24, such as pool calculations, water balance and testing, sanitation/oxidation, filtration, pool and hot tub safety, and pool water contaminates. Attendees receive 6 Core and 4 Category 24 credits.
Who Should Attend?
Pool managers, lifeguards, hotel and motel maintenance staff, campground owners, school maintenance staff, aquatic directors, summer camp and day camp pool operators, YMCA/YWCA, employees, or any other person responsible for applying chemicals to a swimming pool.
Why you Should Tune In?
Pesticides are important tools for controlling organisms that can harm our pools. As with any tool, their misuse can pose a threat to human health and environmental quality. It’s important to know how to properly treat our pools, store and handle all chemicals not only to keep our pools safe, but ourselves and others around us.
What Information Will Be Covered?
• Pool Chemistry
• Pesticide Regulation and Safety
• Record Keeping and Reporting requirements
• Filtration Information
• Water Testing Instructions
• Liability and Risk Management Information
• Emergency Action Plan (Re-certification)
• Public Bathing Place Design Requirements
• Spa/Hot Tub Operation
• Fecal Incident Response and Recommendations
• Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Safety Act
1: Sign in or create a new account.
2: Select registration option
3: Proceed to checkout to complete transaction.
4. When notified in, register with zoom (Be sure to included your applicator information)
5. Receive instructions and zoom link for the course